The hot summers make outdoor activities difficult, especially cycling, as you need to change your routine to continue your fitness activities in the summers, says Thomas N Salzano, a professional cyclist, and a sports blogger.
Thomas says, keeping your health a priority, engaging in fitness outdoor activities like cycling is highly recommended by experts. But during summers keeping up with the routine of cycling in the morning or evening becomes a little challenging.
To help you manage your cycling routine during summers here are some tips shared by Thomas N Salzano that will help:
- Plan and Prepare a routine ahead of time. Decide the early morning or late afternoon time for going out for cycling. Also, choose a route with lots of shade and someplace to stop and take a break.
- Dress appropriately for cycling during summers. Wear clothes that wick the sweat, and keep you dry and comfortable.
- The pro tip here is that when summer approaches, make a change in your routine. But start out with a short and slow pace so that you do not overexert during the hot summers.
- Keep yourself hydrated, drink water before, during, and after your rides. Always carry water along, and avoid situations where you fall short of water. Carry an extra bottle for an emergency.
- Electrolyte replacement is suggested when your rides are for more than an hour. Go for salty food like peanuts and pretzels that will help in maintaining sodium levels.
These are the top five tips that you must consider for cycling during summers. One extra safety tip here by cyclist Thomas N Salzano is to always keep people informed when you go for your ride. Your safety is in your hands, so be a little more careful with safety measures.